How Much Does Acumatica Cost Per Year? A Complete Guide to Acumatica ERP.
Comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is essential for businesses seeking adaptable, cloud-based technology to provide constant insights into business operations and performance. Acumatica Cloud ERP is vital for developing companies requiring a modern approach to scale their business–however, many people wonder: how much does Acumatica cost?
Knowing the cost of Acumatica ERP is critical for businesses looking to implement this popular software to grow their organization, especially given the many factors that contribute to varying costs between businesses. To help you understand Acumatica’s unique pricing structure, we’ve compiled everything about Acumatica ERP, including the factors influencing the price and additional costs to consider as you navigate the ERP buying process. Let’s dive in!
Acumatica ERP Pricing Model
Acumatica ERP follows a consumption-based pricing model, meaning businesses pay for Acumatica based on the resources required for corporate transactions. The pricing model comes in incremental tiers based on your organization’s needs and is adjustable, allowing you to scale as your business grows.
Three primary factors influence the Acumatica pricing model: your chosen applications, license type, and projected transaction volume. Depending on your unique combination of these three factors, the total Acumatica ERP software price for the SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) we work with most often ranges between $50K and $75K. Below is a breakdown of each factor to delve deeper and help you understand how much Acumatica costs.
Applications You Choose
Acumatica provides various applications that integrate with one another, allowing organizations to develop a system based on their specific needs. Organizations have the option to select any of the following applications:
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Project accounting
- Business intelligence and reporting
- Field services
If you’re concerned about the cost of Acumatica, consider starting small and selecting the applications you know your business needs. As your organization grows, integrate additional applications into your system.
License Type You Select
The next factor influencing the total cost of Acumatica ERP is the type of license you select. Choose from the following license types:
- A SaaS subscription, where you pay an annual fee to run Acumatica software on the public cloud.
- A private cloud subscription, where you pay an annual fee to run your software on your server or through a hosting provider.
- A private perpetual license, where you pay a one-time fee for your license and a recurring annual maintenance fee for the Acumatica software. This license allows you to deploy the software on your own server or a server owned by your hosting provider.
Your Projected Transaction Volume
Acumatica’s software provides various tiers for computing resources, and the cost is partly based on the resources necessary to complete your projected transaction value. Because Acumatica does not lock you into a specific level, you can start with a smaller amount and scale as necessary.
Acumatica Industry Editions
Acumatica provides many industry-specific editions to suit your company’s unique needs. There are four industry-specific variations of Acumatica, described below.
- Construction: Acumatica provides an edition specifically for work within the construction industry. The specialized solutions for construction organizations include general contractor accounting, home builder accounting, subcontractor accounting, and land developer accounting software.
- Wholesale distribution: Wholesale distribution organizations can benefit from this industry-specific edition of Acumatica. Industry applications in this edition include resources for a warehouse management system, inventory management, and order management.
- Manufacturing: Acumatica provides specialized solutions for the manufacturing industry. These include ERP manufacturing for capital equipment manufacturers, electrical equipment manufacturers, and high-tech manufacturers.
- Retail e-commerce: Finally, Acumatica offers specific solutions for retail e-commerce businesses. These tailored solutions include resources for commerce connectors, inventory management, and order management.
Acumatica ERP Implementation Costs
Implementation costs for Acumatica ERP differ from licensing-specific costs. Like other costs in Acumatica, numerous factors influence implementation costs. But in general, Acumatica buyers can expect their implementation costs to range from 1.5 to two times the cost of the software itself.
Implementation describes setting up Acumatica for your organization based on your specific requirements. The process typically requires help from third-party partners and takes a few months to a year to complete, depending on the complexity of the project.
Third-party partners will provide varying prices based on the following factors:
- The size of your company
- The complexity of your implementation process
- Whether customization is necessary during implementation
- Whether your team requires training for Acumatica
Acumatica ERP Maintenance and Support Costs
The total cost of Acumatica ERP depends on varying maintenance costs. Acumatica will charge an annual maintenance fee for upgrades to the system. Annual maintenance includes software upgrades, tax updates, service fees, and additional support maintenance required for on-premises software.
Also, at some point after your go live date, your organization will probably need support from your Acumatica ERP implementation consultant. While Acumatica is a very stable, user-friendly system, as with any complex software, unexpected issues can pop up occasionally. When that happens, your implementation will be your first line of support, helping you get back on track as soon as possible.
Acumatica ERP is a vital solution for businesses across various industries–but how much does Acumatica cost? The total price of Acumatica varies depending on many factors, including the applications you choose to implement, the license type selected for your business, and your projected transaction volume. The cost of Acumatica will differ depending on industry-specific solutions, implementation costs, and maintenance costs.
While determining the total cost of Acumatica ERP for your business might seem challenging, it doesn’t have to be. If you’re interested in learning what Acumatica Cloud ERP will cost your business, we’re here to help. Request a personalized quote today to determine how much you’ll need to spend per year on Acumatica ERP.