As small businesses evaluate enterprise resource planning ERP software, they consider several factors, including their in-built features and how they can complement internal processes. One issue people might not consider is the relationship they have with the ERP vendor who works with them during and after implementation. This core business relationship is consultative in nature and essential to the success of a chosen ERP solution.
Why ERP Vendor Relationship Matters?
Why do you need to consider the quality of your relationship with an ERP vendor? An ERP solution excels when it answers directly to your business’ specific demands. Working with an ERP vendor who maintains a productive and collaborative relationship with your team is an essential part of this process.
A good ERP vendor relationship means that the vendor will have a thorough understanding of your business processes and products, then tailor the ERP’s features to handle these requirements. The positive effects of this strong relationship with your ERP vendor will continue after implementation, as well. As your business grows or dives deeper into its digital transformation journey, your vendor and implementation partner will be ready to make the best recommendations and strengthen your ERP solution along with your business in the most proactive way possible.
Key characteristics of a positive ERP vendor relationship
- Clear communication: Good communication is essential for any successful business relationship, and it’s no different when it comes to working with an ERP vendor. The vendor should be clear and transparent about what they can deliver, how they will work with you, and what level of support they will provide. They should also be responsive to questions and concerns throughout the implementation and support phases.
A few more reasons why clear communication is so important:
- Alignment of expectations: When the vendor communicates clearly about what they can deliver and how they will work with your team, it helps ensure that your expectations are aligned with reality. This can help prevent confusion or disappointment down the line.
- Transparency: By being transparent about their processes and support offerings is one of the best ways for an ERP vendor to build trust with clients. And it can help you feel confident that the vendor has your best interests at heart and is committed to delivering a successful outcome.
- Problem-solving: Clear communication is also essential for problem-solving. When issues arise, the vendor should be responsive and transparent in their communication, keeping the business informed about the status of the issue and how it will be resolved. This can help ensure that the issue is resolved quickly and effectively.
- Expertise and experience: The ERP vendor should have deep expertise and experience in the industry and the specific ERP solution being implemented. They should be able to provide guidance on best practices, recommend customizations or integrations, and troubleshoot issues as they arise. Look for vendors with a strong track record of successful ERP implementations and satisfied clients.
- Flexibility and customization: A good ERP vendor will ensure that the solution is tailored to meet your unique needs, rather than forcing the business to conform to a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach.
A few more reasons why flexibility and customization are so important:
- Improved efficiency: By customizing the ERP solution to match your business’s specific requirements, the system can improve help improve the company’s overall efficiency and productivity. For example, the solution can be configured to streamline workflows, automate repetitive tasks, and provide real-time data insights that help you make better decisions.
- Increased user adoption: When the ERP solution is customized to match the wa y the business operates, employees are more likely to embrace the new system and use it effectively. This can lead to faster adoption rates, fewer user errors, and a higher return on investment.
- Stronger growth support: As the business grows and changes, the ERP solution must be able to keep pace. A good ERP vendor will offer customization options that allow the solution to be scaled up or down as needed, without disrupting operations.
- Competitive advantage: By customizing the ERP solution to match the business’s unique requirements, you can gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Specifically it can assist a company in distinguishing itself from competitors and better meeting the needs of its customers.
- Proactive support: The ERP vendor should not only be responsive to support requests, but also proactive in identifying and addressing potential issues before they become major problems. This could include monitoring system performance, providing regular updates and patches, and offering ongoing training and support.
- Trust and partnership: Perhaps most importantly, a positive ERP vendor relationship should be built on trust and partnership. The vendor should act as a true partner to your business, one that’s invested in your success and committed to your long-term goals. You should feel confident that the vendor has your best interests at heart and will work tirelessly to ensure that the ERP solution is delivering value over time.
Which ERP Vendors Deliver on Relationship
Recently, G2 released its “Mid-Market Relationship Index for ERP Systems “to establish a “Relationship” score for some of the leading ERP products, like Acumatica cloud ERP, Oracle NetSuite, and Microsoft Dynamics 365. The report provides benchmarks for product comparison and market trend analysis. G2 calculated each score with an exclusive algorithm that factors in user satisfaction ratings across several relationship-related queries.
Which of these well-known software companies came out on top? Acumatica with an overall relationship score of 9.0 out of a maximum score of 10.0. This score far outpaced the industry average of 7.4, confirming what Acumatica fans already know — that it is one of the most user-friendly and collaborative ERP solutions out there.
Acumatica—Best in Class
How did Acumatica perform across the separate relationship categories? In the Relationship Data category, the ERP solution again scored a 9.0 against an industry average of 8.1. Regarding support, Acumatica registered an 8.4, again well above category averages. Finally, Ease of Business came in for the company at 8.7, underscoring just how much value-add Acumatica can bring to your team.
The survey showed too how compared to other modern ERPs, Acumatica excels across different industries. The company offers industry-specific solutions that answer directly to the requirements of their respective niches. Users across multiple sectors were part of the survey, including users in IT, Construction, Retail and Wholesale.
Ready to enjoy the benefits of a top-tier ERP relationship? Let’s talk! We’ll show you how Acumatica can improve your workflows, increase efficiencies, and take your business to a new level of success.