When considering an ERP system for purchase, there are several factors to keep in mind. Features and performance are often at the top of the list— but how about that company’s business practices? How well a company is run (and how well it interacts with you, the customer) should be at the top of your list of criteria to look for in an ERP vendor. Why?
- ERP isn’t static. Your ERP system should grow and evolve with your company as you grow and evolve. If the ERP partner you’ve selected isn’t positioned for that type of long-term engagement, you may find yourself without the support you need in the long term. Choosing an ERP partner with strong marks when it comes to ongoing customer support should be a key consideration when choosing an ERP vendor.
- The ERP implementation process is complex. There are a number of moving parts involved in ERP implementation, not the least of which is ensuring that your employees are trained to use the system well and will benefit from it. An ERP vendor that doesn’t work with you during this process and bring the best in relationship management will leave you and your staff high and dry.
- ERP should be a good fit. You want a system that works directly to your needs. While ‘one size fits all’ certainly has its time and place, ERP really brings the most benefits when it has been designed directly to your business and its needs. When choosing an ERP vendor, you want to select one that works with you from the start to design the right approach and doesn’t just leave you with a standard solution that leaves a lot of gaps.
How They Rank
All that being said, how do ERP solutions rank in terms of how they relate to their customers? A survey done in the fall of this year delivered some interesting results. These rankings were generated based on an ERP solution’s scores in terms of the following key factors:
- The ease of doing business with that company
- The quality of their customer service
- How likely a customer is to recommend that ERP
The results? Acumatica came in at the top of the list, garnering a relationship index score of 8.88. This overall relationship score placed it well beyond other top 10 finishers and 16 points above the average across the survey. In terms of relationship data, Acumatica delivered high numbers again, earning an 89 percent in comparison to a 79% average across other companies in the survey. With regards to Quality of Support and Ease of Doing Business, Acumatica again placed well above averages, demonstrating that it delivers big when it comes to customer relationships.
If you are in the market for an ERP solution, you have a lot of questions to ask and a lot of criteria to look for in an ERP vendor check off. Don’t let customer service and how you will work with an ERP vendor in the future fall off of that list. Acumatica’s ERP solutions offer not only top-notch technology but also customer support that can help you company thrive in the years to come. To learn more about Acumatica and explore your options, contact us today.