Current Client FAQs: You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers
Here you will find answers to some of the questions we hear most often from our current customers. If you have questions about the business management solution you currently own, this is a great place to start.
Microsoft Dynamics FAQs
What is an Enhancement Plan and why do I need one?
Enhancement Plans are a service provided by Microsoft to help ensure that you are making the most of your Dynamics software solution. With your Business Ready Enhancement Plan, you have access to CustomerSource, a Microsoft website that contains all kinds of useful information around the Dynamics family of business management systems.
Once you’ve owned your Dynamics software solution for a year, it’s time to renew your Enhancement Plan. At this point, you have the option of continuing with your current plan or upgrading the to Business Ready Advantage Plan or the Business Ready Advantage Plus Plan.
Let us help you choose the right plan. Call (336)315-3935 or send us an email.
What are some of the benefits of staying current on my Microsoft Enhancement Plan?
- Access to the latest releases, new features, and updates, including service packs and hot fixes.
- 10 year software support lifecycle (five years mainstream and five years extended support)
- Tax updates, regulatory releases and future license purchases.
- Protective list price– the price of your renewal is based on your original purchase price, ensuring that you always have predictability when it comes to your Enhancement Plan fees.
- Transition investment credit – This gives you the flexibility to move from one Dynamics solution to another.
- Access to CustomerSource – A portal designed specifically for Dynamics customers, CustomerSource is a one-stop shop for all your Enhancement Plan benefits, as well as other educational and money-saving information.
- Online training – This includes downloadable materials and learning plans.
- Self-help and support tools – These include an expansive knowledgebase, up-to-date product information and news.
- Access to the Dynamics community – This is an online forum where you can connect with peers to exchange ideas, ask questions and discuss solutions.
What are my Enhancement Plan options?
For a detailed look at each of the Enhancement Plans, download the appropriate fact sheet below.
How much does a Dynamics GP Enhancement Plan cost?
Does my Enhancement Plan include Microsoft support?
Does my Enhancement Plan include any support or consulting hours from Intelligent Technologies, Inc?
What are the risks or disadvantages of not renewing my Enhancement Plan?
- Loss of your protected system list price
- Penalty fees – if you let your Enhancement Plan lapse, when you try to renew you will owe current renewal pricing plus an additional 3% penalty for each day that has passed since your Enhancement Plan expired. Additionally, you will be required to pay for the next year’s Enhancement Plan upfront.
- Inability to purchase additional users or modules
Additional disadvantages to not renewing your Enhancement Plan include:
- Losing access to product upgrades, service packs and hot fixes
- Losing Microsoft support
- Forfeiting access to CustomerSource’s online training, support tools and knowledge base
How do I know if I'm current on my Enhancement Plan?
Should you have questions about whether or not you’re current, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may call (336) 315-3935 or send us an e-mail.