Why So Many Businesses Choose Microsoft Office 365 Migration
What is Office 365? As Office 365 experts, that is a question we hear a lot. Microsoft Office 365 brings together cloud versions of Microsoft’s most trusted communications and collaboration products with the latest version of its desktop suite. Office 365 is designed to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes; everyone from sole proprietors to government agencies and educational institutions. It was developed with one goal in mind, helping organizations save time and money.
A few key benefits you can expect from a Microsoft Office 365 migration:
- No need to invest in retraining, Microsoft Office 365 works with the software you use every day, including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Access to e-mail, documents, contacts, and calendars on nearly any device.
- Simple and secure collaboration with colleagues and business partners.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office and the other programs you use everyday.
- Business relevant features such as IT-level phone support, financially-backed 99.9% uptime guarantee, geo-redundancy, disaster recovery, and robust security and privacy controls and standards.
- Comprehensive solutions including desktop productivity applications, portals, extranets, external Web site, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, Web conferencing, e-mail, voice mail and unified messaging.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing options which provide predictability and flexibility for all or part of an organization.
Included Tools And Licensing Options
Videos and White Papers
Whether you’re an existing Office 365 user or are just starting to research cloud productivity suites for your business, we have a wide variety of resources for you to explore.
Compare Office 365 to Google Apps
Google apps and Microsoft Office 365 are two of the most popular cloud productivity suites available on the market today, and while they have many similarities there are some differences that are important to note. Our head to head comparison below will help you make an informed decision.
Familiarity of Google Apps vs Office 365:
- Google Apps for Work—Built on a proprietary platform that may be unfamiliar to users. Therefore, some training, either formal or informal, may be necessary.
- Microsoft Office 365—Built to look and feel like the Microsoft Office software many workers have been relying on for years. So, little or no training is required.
File Fidelity with Google Apps vs Office 365:
Since Microsoft Office is the market leader when it comes to business productivity software, integration with it is often an important consideration when choosing a cloud suite.
- Google Apps for Work—Formatting is often unexpectedly altered when users switch between Microsoft Office and Google Apps. As a result, workers will likely have to expend extra time and effort to make documents created in Google Apps for Work look the way they were intended for Microsoft Office users.
- Microsoft Office 365—Formatting remains consistent when users switch between Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365. Furthermore, the Word Web app (Office 365’s version of Microsoft Word) has a button users can click to quickly view a document in Microsoft Word. No need to download the file from the web app, open Word and then open the downloaded file.
Real Time Collaboration with Google Apps vs Office 365:
- Google Apps for Work—Google Docs can be shared with anyone who has a Google account. Those who share a file can all access and work with it simultaneously. Each user is assigned a unique color so it is easy to identify who is responsible for each change. There’s also a bar on the right side of the screen that allows users to chat with their coauthors. Additionally, the Google Chat and Google Voice features built into Gmail allow users to conduct instant-message audio/video calls with their contacts.
- Microsoft Office 365—Offers users all of the collaboration capabilities of Google Apps with some additional functionality. Microsoft Office 365’s Lync Online component gives users integrated instant messaging, audio/video conferencing with whiteboard capabilities combined with real-time presence indicators that make it easy to see when others are online and available.
Licensing Options Available with Google Apps vs Office 365:
- Google Apps for Work—Two licensing options available to business customers, users have limited ability to tailor this system to their needs. Furthermore, because Google Apps for Business is strictly available online, clients must move to the cloud immediately.
- Microsoft Office 365—A wide variety of licensing options available, users have the freedom to select only the features they need and control costs. Also, if your entire organization isn’t ready to embrace the cloud, Microsoft Office 365 allows users the flexibility to share information on premise or in the cloud with its hybrid solutions.
Security of Google Apps vs Office 365:
- Google Apps for Work—Limited support for group management but no capabilities for more robust identity management. IT administrator access in Google Apps for Business is all or nothing, no option for tiered access.
- Microsoft Office 365—Manage rights at multiple levels using Active Directory and set role-based security models so you can delegate common or specialized tasks to workers without providing full administrative rights. Also, for increased piece of mind, as a Microsoft Office 365 client you can find out where your information is stored.
Cost of Google Apps vs Office 365:
- Google Apps for Work—Competitive base price for 2 available business plans, but some users require additional add ons in order to build a more customized solution, which can greatly increase Google Apps actual cost beyond what is advertised.
- Microsoft Office 365—Many plans to choose from. Avoid hidden costs, only pay for the features necessary to your business.
Want to compare Office 365 versus Google apps for Work in even greater detail? Click here to explore a variety of additional resources.
Why Choose Intelligent Technologies as Your Microsoft Office 365 Partner
- We possess 20+ years’ experience with Microsoft business management solutions.
- All of our consultants are fully certified in the products they support.
- We know how to integrate Office 365 with your other systems
- When you partner with us, you get a company that cares about your success. We pride ourselves on treating each client, regardless of size with the same high level of respect.
- Our commitment to your company doesn’t end once your new system is up and running. As long as we are your Microsoft Office 365 partner, you will always have friendly, knowledgeable support staff available to assist you.
Whether you are just beginning the search for the right cloud productivity suite for your business, have already decided on Office 365, or you been using it for a while now, we have the expertise you need to make the most of Office 365. Our consultants will work hard to understand your business and IT requirements so that we can make recommendations that make sense for your systems, your budget and schedule.