Why this modular approach is beneficial:
- Users must only buy what they need—Unlike legacy systems that are usually only available in certain predefined packages, choosing a modular system helps businesses avoid unnecessary spending and complexity.
- Scaling is easy—As your business grows, it is simple to buy new modules and add them to your existing system without a lot of downtime, retraining or creating of silos.
- Licensing is simpler—You can give every user access to the entire system, or only the modules that pertain to their job. Keep in mind when users only have access to the information they need, security is improved and the time they take to learn and adopt the new system is shortened.
Now you can see the benefits of having a modular system over a one-size-fits-all one.
Let me introduce you to the family of Dynamics 365 modules
- Finance and Operations—This is the heart of Dynamics 365. It comes in two editions Enterprise or Business, no matter which one you choose, you have everything you need to track your inventory, and finances. Should you need supply chain, manufacturing, retail, or HR functionalities the enterprise edition is for you.
- Customer Service—Empower your customer service staff to be great at their job. Resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently. Boost customer loyalty and lifetime value.
- Sales—Help your sales team focus on the best opportunities. Say goodbye to incorrect customer data stored in a variety of places. Get a 360° view of your customers and boost your sales team’s productivity.
- Field Service—Give your field service team the tools they need to be as efficient as possible while keeping customers happy. With Dynamics 365, it’s easy to assign the right tech to the right job every time. You can also see and manage inventory right from your mobile device, view maintenance schedules, customer warranties and repair histories.
- Talent—Finding and keeping the best people can be a challenge. But, Dynamics 365 can help you improve and streamline your hiring process. Built-in LinkedIn tools make connecting with the right people easier. But it doesn’t stop there. Once you make the hire, Dynamics 365 gives you the tools you need to keep employees happy with effective on boarding, engagement and growth recommendations.
- Project Service Automation—This is a module that project-based organizations can’t afford to be without. Especially, if you struggle with delivering projects on budget or on time. Dynamics 365 includes ready-made templates to help you build project plans. It can also show you who’s working on what and whether each project meets the client’s expectations or is profitable at any point in time. Finally enjoy a single system to capture every detail of your projects from start to finish.
- Retail—To be successful in the crowded retail industry, you must deliver a shopping experience that delights your customers. This is not always easy. But, Dynamics 365 can help. With it, you can personalize all your messaging to meet each customer’s specific habits and needs. Not only that, it helps to improve employee productivity through streamlined communications and back office tasks.
That is just an overview of the available Dynamics 365 modules and what they can do for you. For more information on any of the Dynamics 365 modules, please follow the links above. And, stay tuned for future blog posts where we’ll delve deeper into the functionality and benefits offered by each of the modules offered as a part of Dynamics 365.