Dynamics GP 2018 Licensing Options
Build a package to fit your needs.
Deciding which of the various Dynamics GP 2018 licensing options is best for your business requires you to consider the following two things.
Modules Available in GP 2018
The licensing options available for Dynamics GP 2018 are broken down into 5 packs. Each pack includes a specific set of modules as described below.
- Starter Pack—Offers functionality focused around finance, distribution, and human resources. Every Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 user automatically receives access to all of the modules included in the Starter Pack.
- Extended Pack—Offers additional functionality that’s centered on manufacturing, project accounting, field service management and advanced forecasting and budgeting.
- Customization Pack—Intended for organizations that want to customize their Dynamics GP enterprise resource planning system or integrate it with other business management systems.
- Extended Human Resources and Payroll Pack—Designed for organizations that require greater flexibility in how they pay and manage employees.
Are you more of a visual person? Our Dynamics GP licensing infographic can help you compare each of these packs side by side.
GP 2018 User Types
Dynamics GP 2018 licensing options include 3 user types, designed to meet the needs of individuals working in a wide variety of roles.
- Full Users—receive unrestricted direct or indirect access to all of the functionality in the modules your organization owns.
- Limited Users–get restricted access to the Dynamics GP as described below:
- “Read” access to any data contained in the system through any client
- “Write” access to their own Self Service information
- “Write” access through any system windows not created by Microsoft
- Self Serve Users—may only access the ESS Employee, the ESS PTE Employee, and the ESS Purchase Requester security role IDs, for the purpose of entering and retrieving their own personal data.
In other words, Self Serve users can generate requisitions, enter time and expenses, enter project time and expenses, access benefits self service and workflow. A limited user can do all of that plus utilize inquiry, reports and SmartLists.
Please note: Any access beyond that which is granted by a Limited User or a Self Serve User requires Full User access.
Not sure which Dynamics GP 2018 licensing options are right for you? We can help! Give us a call at (336) 315-3935 or fill out the information request form on the right hand side of the screen.