A few weeks ago, we wrote about an awesome online forum where Acumatica cloud ERP users can go share ideas on how to improve their software. Fear not, Dynamics GP users, there is also a similar tool available to you. Check out the Dynamics GP user feedback forum
Most long-time users of Dynamics GP have seen those great blogs the support team puts out explaining the new features they’ve added to each release. If you’re anything like me, you probably often wondered where these ideas came from. Often, they are from users just like you who suggest a feature through the Dynamics GP user feedback forum.
What if I don’t have a great idea to share, can I still help?
Absolutely! There’s more than one way to have your voice heard on the Dynamics GP user forum. Aside from submitting brilliant feature ideas, you can also see all the submissions posted by your fellow Dynamics GP users and vote on the ones you’d most like to see. Even if you don’t cast your vote, you can see which ideas are under consideration by the Dynamics GP development team and where they are in the process of making it onto the product roadmap.
All ideas on the Dynamics GP user feedback forum fall into one of the following categories.
- New – this idea is one of the latest submissions. The development team at Microsoft hasn’t reviewed it yet.
- Top – this idea is among those with the most positive votes.
- Hot – this idea is among those with the most total votes.
- Under review – the development team is reviewing this idea and deciding whether to move forward with it.
- Needs votes – before this idea moves further down the path to inclusion, it needs to get feedback from more users.
- Planned – the Dynamics GP development team has accepted this idea, and it’s on the roadmap for a future release.
- Completed – this idea has gone through the entire process and is now a part of the software.
How does voting work?
Voting is easy. First, sign into the forum. You can use either a personal (live) or work (Office 365/Active Directory) Microsoft account. Once you’ve logged in, select the category that most interests you. A few of the choices include:
- Business Intelligence
- Inventory Control
- Field Service
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
Plus, many others.
After you click on a category, a list of ideas will appear. To the left of any idea accepting votes, you will see a green button with the word “Vote” and a thumbs up icon on it. Click it to cast your vote.
How many times can I vote for an idea?
One vote per person per idea. If you submit an idea and want to improve its chances, ask your coworkers and friends to weigh in.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead, see what’s coming for Dynamics GP and share your thoughts. Who knows, you might come up with the next great feature every Dynamics GP user wondered how they ever got by without.
Do you have a question about the Dynamics GP user feedback forum not answered here? No problem. Visit the FAQ page.