Why So Many Companies Looking For Alternatives To QuickBooks Choose Dynamics 365
Thankfully, the accounting software market has grown tremendously since QuickBooks was first introduced. So, it no longer is one of the few systems that is easy to use and set up. One such newer option is Microsoft Dynamics 365. This cloud-based system is easy to use, feature-rich, and cost-effective. Keep reading to compare Dynamics 365 VS QuickBooks
Not quite sure you’re ready to take the leap and replace QuickBooks? Our tips for researching alternatives to QuickBooks cover the warning signs you should be on the lookout for.
Already familiar with those? Let’s use them to explore how Dynamics 365 stacks up against QuickBooks.
Compare Dynamics 365 Vs QuickBooks
1. How easy is the system to learn and use?
Because it’s a Microsoft product, anyone who is familiar with their other business management tools, like Office or Dynamics CRM will feel completely at home in the Dynamics 365 user interface. The learning curve is a minimal one, which helps to improve user adoption, productivity, and return on investment.
2. Does the solution support different work styles?
Because Dynamics 365 is cloud-based, it is available anywhere you have an Internet connection and offers mobile apps for both phones and tablets. So, unlike traditional on-premise accounting systems where you must be in the office to access important data, with Dynamics 365 you can get work done no matter where business takes you.
3. Does the vendor offer deployment options that fit my needs?
Which deployment options are available with Dynamics 365 depends on which edition of the software you choose. Get more information on the Dynamics 365 editions.
If you choose the Business Edition of Dynamics 365, the only way to deploy it currently is on the Microsoft Azure public cloud. This is a great option for small businesses who do not want the hassle or expense of maintaining their own servers and who are not bound by strict data privacy regulations or policies.
But to be clear, just because your data is stored on the public cloud does not mean it is unsafe. Microsoft has invested a great deal of money in ensuring that Azure is an extremely secure and reliable service. And, generally offers security that is far superior to what most small and medium-size businesses can set up on their own.
On the other hand, if you choose Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition, you have the option to deploy the system in the public cloud, through a hosting provider, a hybrid set up or on premise. This is a great option for businesses to need an even more robust accounting system than what the Business Edition of Dynamics 365 offers, and do not want to or cannot have their data stored on a public cloud. Generally, this would apply to organizations in highly regulated industries such as banking or healthcare.
4. What kind of after sales support does the vendor offer?
Microsoft is continually updating Dynamics 365, adding new features and functionality that make the system more robust and easier to use. Additionally, Dynamics 365 is backed by a network of partners like Intelligent Technologies, Inc. When you choose us, as your Dynamics 365 solution provider, our friendly team of experts will be with you through the entire QuickBooks replacement process, from software selection, all the way to post implementation, training and support.
5. Does the vendor understand the needs of small to medium-sized businesses?
Dynamics 365 was specifically designed for the SMB market. Furthermore, at Intelligent Technologies we have more than 25 years’ experience working with small and midsize businesses and a variety of industries, including professional services, hospitality and manufacturing to name a few. In that time, there isn’t much we haven’t seen or done when it comes to business management software implementation. If you have unique needs which require system customizations, our expert staff is ready, willing and able to help.
More Reasons Why QuickBooks Users Upgrade to Dynamics 365
- Features—According to Microsoft, Dynamics 365’s Business Edition offers 600 or more features that QuickBooks Online Plus just doesn’t have. Thus, giving you all the functionality you need to address QuickBooks’ weaknesses, plus a lot of other features to support your business’ growth and help you make smarter decisions.
- Value—You might expect that to get the expanded feature set offered by Dynamics 365 you will be spending a lot more for your accounting software. But that’s just not the case. In fact, Dynamics 365 Business Edition is just $40 a month per user. That’s the same monthly cost as QuickBooks Online Plus, but with a ton more features. To get as close as possible to the functionality offered by Dynamics 365 Business Edition, you would spend $184 a month per user on QuickBooks.
- Integration—Dynamics 365 integrates seamlessly with a variety of other Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Dynamics CRM. That way, you can spend less time switching between applications and reentering data in multiple places, which boosts productivity and minimizes errors.
Not quite convinced? Explore Dynamics 365 in greater detail.
Want more information?
Video: Data Migration from QuickBooks to Dynamics 365
When you trade in your ill-fitting accounting system for one that connects all your people and data together, you give yourself one leg up over the competition, become more adaptable and improve your business’s financial stability.
Let us help you turn your accounting system from something that’s holding you back to something that empowers you to be more agile and reach your full potential. Contact us today! Call (336) 315-3935 or fill out the information request form on the right hand side of the screen to send us an email.