AT&T Wireless Services, Wide Area Network (WWAN) Overview
So, you already have a Wide Area Network or have decided to create one for your business. Creating the WAN that your business needs often comes with certain challenges, including:
- Maintaining reliable and secure connectivity.
- Getting connectivity where and when you need it.
- Finding a cost-effective solution that has the features you need.
Use them with, or as an alternative to wireline solutions. Either way, AT&T Wireless Services and WAN options can help your business stay connected. But that’s not all. They can also be set up faster than traditional solutions.
How AT&T’s Wireless WAN Works
AT&T’s wireless WAN service allows your offices and/or or equipment to connect to AT&T’s mobility network. All you need is a cellular ready router that’s connected to the Internet or a dedicated line. Wireless WAN offers an effective alternative to ISDN backup connections. Or, it can also be your primary connection in places where other options aren’t available.
AT&T’s Wireless WAN services include:
- AccessMyLAN from AT&T – Get secure, remote access to your network. And in turn, drive down costs, increase security, and improve productivity.
- Business Connect – Enable machine to machine communication with flexible wireless data plans.
- AT&T Private Mobile Connection – Access your critical data from virtually anywhere. Take advantage of the expansive AT&T wireless network.
AT&T Wireless WAN (WWAN) Features at a Glance
Examples of Common Business Uses for Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWAN)
WWAN Use #1 As the primary connection
This is useful where wired networks are not practical. A few examples include:
- ATMs or Kiosks
- Point-Of-Sale terminals
- Branch offices
- Temporary locations
- Remote monitoring and measurement equipment
WWAN Use #2 As a backup source of connectivity
A Wireless WAN offers cost-effective, diverse backup for your data and applications. Wireless WANs deploy quickly. So, they’re a smart choice for things like:
- Temporary, remote, or new locations,
- Disaster response
- Mobile workers
AT&T Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) Service Helps Your Business
- Improve disaster preparedness – Stop depending only on your landline. When your landline service goes out, don’t panic. Relax knowing your data and applications are on the AT&T wireless network. (covers over 99% of Americans).
- Tighten security – AT&T’s private mobile connection offers highly secure access to your most important apps.
- Increase productivity – Give remote and traveling workers access to the information they need.
- Improve agility – Expand your business with ease. Connect new locations or remote workers, quicker and cheaper than ever before.
- Reduce spending – Wireless WAN may cost less than wireline for backup, or telemetry use. It can also be a cost-effective choice for applications that do not need a lot of bandwidth.
- Improve collaboration—Connect locations and remote workers together in a single network. Make it easy for them to share ideas and information.
Why Choose Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) And Other AT&T Wireless Services from Intelligent Technologies, Inc?
We’ve served the technology needs of SMBs for over 25 years. Additionally, AT&T has been around for over 100 years. And, in that time has served more than 3.5 million businesses, of all shapes and sizes.
The human touch
Want more information?
AT&T Wireless WAN Brief
A quick overview of AT&T’s Wireless WAN and its deployment options.
AT&T AccessMyLAN Brief
A quick overview of AT&T’s AccessMyLAN service and its features.
AT&T Private Mobile Connection Brief
A quick overview of AT&T’s Private Mobile Connection service and its features.
Questions? Lets talk.
25 years, hundreds of satisfied customers. Get the cost effective, feature-rich networking services your business deserves. Take the first step. Tell us a little bit about your organization.