Don’t sabotage your ERP project with the wrong partner!
Choosing the right ERP partner is not a simple decision, like buying lunch or a shirt. Making the right selection depends on knowing the right questions to ask and paying careful attention to the responses you receive. But what if you’ve never interviewed ERP partners before, or haven’t done it for years? How do you know the right questions to ask?
Sure, you can start with the obvious questions, like:
- How much will the software and implementation cost?
- What’s your timeline for the project?
- How much experience does your team have implementing this software?
- What does the implementation process look like?
- What do you need from our staff?
- Who will we be working with?
But to separate your “OK” ERP implementation matches from the standout ones; you need to dig deeper and ask the tough questions. These make your potential ERP partners think and help you uncover far more about their business practices and commitment to client success than surface questions ever could.
Remember, a top ERP partner will welcome these tough questions. They’ll be eager to share what makes them unique. And be ready to engage their services team to help them provide you with complete, honest responses. Thus, setting the foundation for a mutually beneficial relationship.