Spend less time and effort managing your distribution chain.
Acumatica Software for Distribution Overview
With so many moving parts, distribution chains can quickly become a drain on your resources and full of errors. Avoid that with Acumatica software for distribution. It’s an end-to-end system that helps you manage your entire supply chain and automate tasks. Use it to track inventory, fill orders, offer customer support, make better buying decisions and manage sales orders. Also, because it is fully integrated with the system’s financial suite, you can get a complete picture of spending and revenue.
Applications Included in Acumatica’s Distribution Management Suite
Click any of the items below to learn more.
- Sales Order Management – Easily manage inventory, check credit limits, take returns and even split orders among warehouses. Avoid delays and improve processes with workflows and alerts.
- Inventory Management – Boost profits and customer loyalty. Always know where your inventory is with real-time updates.
- Purchase Order Management – Handle all your buying in one system. Keep vendors happy and lower costs.
- Order Management – Automate order fulfilment, streamline the buying process and manage sales activities.
- Requisition Management – Organize the way you collect requests, bids, create, and approve quotes, handle purchases, and fill orders.
Sales Order Management Application Included with Acumatica Software for Distribution
Creating a Sales Order in the Distibution Suite
- Purchasing integration – Link purchase and sales orders. Automatically create POs or manually link them. Put sales orders on hold until you get a PO. Also, you can easily ship items directly to the buyer.
- Shipment schedule – Choose a delivery date for each item in a sales order. Create shipping orders based on stock levels and delivery schedules.
- CRM integration – Convert opportunities to sales orders without reentering information. Find customer orders and check their status with ease. Associate CRM tasks with orders to help you keep track of their progress.
- Inventory allocation – Set up rules for each step in your sales cycle. Keep tabs on your inventory. Always know when an item is unavailable or has been overpromised. Acumatica will also tell you if a conflict occurs between stock levels and an invoice’s ship date.
- Flexible dispatching – Fill a sales order from one warehouse or many. Split orders into several shipments if you need to.
How Acumatica’s Sales Order Management Application Helps Your Business
- Payment optimization – Align payments with cash flows and avoid late charges, easily take advantage of vendor discounts.
- Simplify invoice payment and approval – Automatically approve AP charges and make sure each follows the right approval process.
- Get paid faster – Set up prepayment requests, issue and apply them to invoices. To avoid confusion, prepayments stay in their own AP account.
- Automatically calculate taxes – Handle VAT and use taxes with ease. Assign each vendor a default tax zone. If needed, you can override this choice when you enter an invoice. For added flexibility, you can also add multiple tax items per line.
Inventory Management Application Included with Acumatica Software for Distribution
- Expiration dates – Automatically take old items out of your inventory. Ship the ones with the earliest dates first to stop waste.
- Serial and lot numbers – Assign these as you get items, assemble them or right before shipping. Track stock by these numbers. Assign a valuation method to serial numbers to understand an item’s actual cost.
- Reason codes – Link them to inventory transactions or use them to spot problems and trends. Tie them to inventory levels and GL accounts for better reporting.
- Inventory suggestions – Keep your inventory at the right level. Get alerts when it’s time to restock items based on your past sales data.
- Inventory subitems – Set up subcategories like style, color or size. Then, link quality and cost data back to each for better reporting and tracking.
- Two-step transfers – Track goods as they move between your locations. The system automatically writes GL entries as items move in to and out of a special “in transit” account.
- Purchase order automation – Buy based on replenishment algorithms and current stock levels. Place orders with each vendor at the right time to get the best pricing and delivery terms.
- Inventory bin and location control – Set the item types, picking priority, transactions and costs for each bin and location.
- Sales order discounts – Handle complex pricing schemes, like multiple discounts per item and volume discounts. Set your policies for price overrides.
- Item class hierarchy – Use a treelike setup with parent-child relationships to choose the default class for each of your items.
- CRM integration – Turn opportunities into sales orders with no extra data entry. Find answers to customer questions fast.
Setting up PO automation
How Acumatica’s Inventory Management Application Helps Your Business
- Handle multiple warehouses – Track inventory allocations, quantities and costs for each location. Move items between warehouses as you get them.
- Get true cost data – Track holding costs and cost of goods sold. Create GL entries as transactions occur. Choose a different valuation method for each of your inventory items.
- Improve valuation flexibility – Choose from a moving average, standard cost, FIFO and custom methods. Edit physical inventory count and cost numbers with ease.
Order Management Application Included with Acumatica Software for Distribution
Setting up a shipment
- Vendor bidding – Speed up and streamline the bidding process by emailing requests to vendors. Buy from a single vendor, or get each item from a different one, whichever makes the most financial sense.
- Sales management – Do all sales activities in one place. Enter quotes, sales orders, create shipments, apply discounts, track prices and check inventory without leaving the system.
- Purchasing integration – Tie POs to sales orders and link received items to orders. Let the system create POs or link them on your own. Hold sales orders until you get a PO from the customer.
- Automatic requisitioning – Handle the process from start to finish. Take bids and orders, approve and send quotes, create POs. Let users choose any item you offer, or limit their choices and enter custom descriptions.
- Credit limit verification – Auto check credit limits. Once you’re paid, the system will end the credit hold. But, if needed, users can manually override this feature.
- Audit trail – Acumatica stores the user IDs of anyone who enters or changes a record. You can also easily attach notes and documents.
- CRM integration – Since you’re working from one database, you can find orders and verify them quickly. Faster service helps keep clients happy and loyal.
- Integrated workflow – Streamline and automate order processing. Define the rules that fit your business needs and tell the system what actions you would like to be notified of.
How Acumatica’s Order Management Application Helps Your Business
- Simplify pricing – Choose the pricing types and logic that works best for you. If you want, Acumatica will apply the best available discount combination with no need for input from your staff. Apply discounts in one or many currencies and choose when to allow for price overrides.
- See your true costs – Get insight into your profits by business unit, product line or location. Real-time data makes it easy to adjust your supply chain as pricing changes.
- Avoid order delays – Automate the handling of sales and shipping orders. Set rules that govern how the system handles drop shipments, returns, credit limits and more.
- Improve efficiency – Stop struggling with POs. Generate them automatically or create a sales order from an approved quote with one click.
Purchase Order Management Application Included with Acumatica Software for Distribution
- Landed cost – Include shipping and handling in the cost of items you buy. Divide these costs however makes the most sense for you. Enter landed cost, bills into your AP. The system automatically calculates landed cost as part of the inventory costs for stocked items.
- Item tracking – Cross check item ID numbers across vendors. Assign lot and serial numbers when you get purchase orders.
- Drop shipments – Create orders for items you want to send directly to a customer. When a purchase receipt is accepted, automatically write and send the invoice and sales order.
- Audit trail – Keep a close watch on all purchasing. The system makes a note of who entered each transaction, and anyone who later changes them. Also, you can easily add notes and documentation.
- Easy-to-use reporting – Analyze your purchasing decisions with a wide variety of reports and inquiry screens that make it easy to drill down and see the original transaction.
- Vendor performance tracking – Store vendor prices, descriptions and delivery time for easy access. Each time you get inventory update lead time, costs and quantities. Keep stats on vendor performance to help you choose when to place orders.
- Payment vouchers – Create vouchers in your AP as soon as you get inventory. Simplify record keeping by combining receipts into one voucher.
PO awaiting approval
How Acumatica’s Purchase Management Application Helps Your Business
- Improve Control – Create unique approval rules for order amounts, order types, vendor information and more.
- Automated purchase orders – Create POs based on the system’s inventory replenishment calculations or your stock levels. Place orders with the vendor that best fits your delivery and price needs. Create drop shipments from sales orders.
- Better handling of receipts – Track all receipts, whether they are filled, partially filled or combined from many POs. Create AP vouchers directly from receipts. Adjust pricing as you enter invoices into AP.
Requisition Management Application Included with Acumatica Software for Distribution
Select vendors for bidding
- Custom request lists – Limit user requests to a specific list of inventory items.
- Request organization – Combine multiple requests into one requisition. Set approval rules that work for you. They can be based on request amount, quantity and more.
- Purchasing integration – Once a requisition is approved, Acumatica can automatically create the purchase orders you need.
- Product catalogue access – Allow users to see your product catalog or hide it from them, so that orders require manual entry. The choice is yours.
- Quote creation – Create custom quotes to offer items to your customers, for a specific price.
- Request classes – Simplify data entry and avoid errors. Set recognition defaults for each class. Limit selections to certain items. Hide inventory catalog and vendor details, set leadtimes and allow more than one vendor on each request.
- Complete integration – The requisition management module integrates with many others. These include inventory management, order management, purchasing and sales order management, plus, all the financial modules. This allows you to automate processes, eliminate errors and keep tabs on every transaction.
- Audit trail – Acumatica collects the user IDs of anyone who enters, changes or approves transactions. Also, if needed, you can add supporting documents and notes to each record.
How Acumatica’s Requisition Management Application Helps Your Business
- Improve Efficiency – Reduce paperwork and save time by automating your requisition process from end to end. Allow users to choose from your catalog, limit their request to a specific set of items, or enter custom descriptions.
- Improve your approval process – Automation can make people nervous at first. But, you can rest easy knowing the workflows alert the right people when their input is needed.
- Sales quotes – Complete sales quicker. Automatically create sales and purchase orders. Also, create quotes based on cost plus, algorithms or your catalog pricing. Once you create a quote, you can print it or email it to the customer.
How Acumatica Software for Distribution Helps Your Business
- Lower costs while boosting customer satisfaction – Keep customers up to date on their order status with real-time inventory counts, reorder quantities, inventory in transit and more. Keep inventory at the right level to avoid waste. Improve your quoting, data entry and fulfillment processes.
- Improve purchasing – Automate and optimize your buying processes. Make sure you always have items when you need them.
- Shorten fulfilment times – Automate the creation of sales and shipping orders. Define rules that tell the system how to manage the order fulfillment process.
- Get accurate cost data — View your revenue by location, warehouse or location. Get updates in real time, see at a glance if you need to adjust your supply chain.
Click the Goals Beneath Your Role to Learn How Acumatica Distribution Management Suite Helps You Meet Them
Goal #1 Reduce Costs
How Acumatica software for distribution can help:
- Improve control over your inventory. Avoid wasting money buying too much stock or losing revenue because you’ve run out of a popular item.
- Thanks to Acumatica’s open API, customized it to fit your needs, without keeping a development team on staff.
Goal #2 Increase Productivity
How Acumatica software for distribution can help:
- Automate a variety of common accounting tasks. Spend more time focused on strategic tasks.
- Connect your e-commerce website, warehouse management and financial software systems together for improved visibility and reporting.
- Keep your entire team, and even outside stakeholders in the loop. With Acumatica and don’t have to worry about per user license costs.
- Easy to use, out-of-the-box reporting tools. Deliver the information you need fast.
Goal #1 Staying One Step Ahead of the Competition
How Acumatica software for distribution can help:
- Easy-to-use reporting tools and a single database make it simple to get the data you need to make smart business decisions.
- Spend less time on data entry and administrative tasks. Always know that the information you’re looking at is up to date.
- Your business stay doesn’t stop at 5 o’clock, but you don’t have to be tethered to your desk to get things done. Acumatica mobile apps allow you to take the system with you wherever you go.
Goal #2 Increase Revenue and Market Share While Reducing Costs
How Acumatica software for distribution can help:
- Acumatica is simple enough for small businesses to implement quickly, but also offers advanced functionality. Larger companies need. As your business grows, you can be confident Acumatica will be ready to grow with you.
- Gain real-time visibility into your distributors performance and availability. Also, keep your finger on the pulse of the market with Acumatica’s robust reporting capabilities.
- Streamline distributor communications. Make and implement decisions faster.
Why Choose Acumatica from Intelligent Technologies, Inc?
We’ve served the technology needs of SMBs for over 25 years. Since the beginning, ERP and CRM systems have been the focus of our business. No matter how complex your needs, chances are we have tackled something similar before. If you need customizations, our expert staff can help with those as well.
The human touch
Should you need help with Acumatica, our friendly NC based staff will there for you. No more searching for an answer yourself, or wasting time trying to figure out who you should call.
Be assured we have what it takes to meet your ERP needs now and as your business grows. Our team has been implementing and supporting ERP systems since 1991.
Acumatica believes that ERP business solutions cannot reach their full potential unless everyone in your organization, and even important stakeholders outside of it have access to the information they need. So, Acumatica pricing is not based on the number of users you have, but rather on the features and resources you use.
Acumatica pricing is based on these three factors
What type of license do you want?
What applications you want access to right away?
How much computing power and data storage will you need?
The available license choices are
- A SaaS subscription (pay an annual fee to run the software on the public cloud)
- Private cloud subscription (pay an annual fee to run the software on premise or through a hosting provider)
- Private perpetual license (pay a onetime fee for the license upfront plus, recurring annual maintenance for the software and deploy it on your own servers or with a hosting provider) This option is similar to how most legacy ERP packages are purchased.
How much computing power you’ll need is based on your transaction volume.
Want more information?
Handle Multiple Shipments with One Invoice
Inventory Management in Acumatica
Questions? Lets talk.
25 years, hundreds of satisfied customers. Move your distribution management software to the cloud Take the first step. Tell us a little bit about your organization. Take the first step. Tell us a little bit about your organization.