What to Do If You Can’t Download a Report from Management Reporter Web Viewer
Laura Schomaker, Senior Marketing Associate
May 2, 2019
Today, I want to share a simple, but handy Microsoft Dynamics GP trick. If you’ve ever been unable to download Management Reporter reports from the web viewer, you know how frustrating this can be. Whether you want to share the report with a coworker or need it for a big meeting, you’re already running late for, this issue can be a real pain in the neck. Luckily, there is a simple fix.
If you’re using Internet Explorer to access Management Reporter web viewer and any time you click Download > Management Reporter Report Viewer, IE just blinks or nothing happens, the problem is most likely caused by a recent update to your Internet Explorer browser. So first, we need to see which version of IE you’re using.
How to check which version of Internet Explorer you are running
- Open an Internet Explorer browser window.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen you should see a gear icon, click that.
- A drop-down menu will appear, select “About Internet Explorer.”
- In the splash window that opens, you’ll find your current version of Internet Explorer. See screenshot below.
If you are running version 11.0.9600.19301, the issue you’re having with Management Reporter web viewer is a known one.
How to ensure your Management Reporter reports will download in Internet Explorer
All you need to do to fix the problem is enable protected mode in IE. If you are not familiar with how to do that, follow these steps.
- Open an Internet Explorer browser window
- Navigate to ToolsàInternet optionsàSecurity
- Under “Select a zone to view or change security settings,” choose “Local Intranet,” then choose “Enable Protected Mode.”
- Next, select “Trusted Sites,” and choose “Enable Protective Mode.”
- Click OK.
Don’t forget, for the changes you just made to take effect, you must restart your browser. Once you’ve closed and reopened your browser, you should be able to navigate back to Management Reporter web viewer and download the report you were trying to access earlier.
We hope you have found Dynamics GP tip useful. To see other how tos like this, please visit our frequently asked questions page.
If you’re a Dynamics user in need of friendly, expert support. You’ve come to the right place! See why so many businesses count on us to help them make the most of their Microsoft Dynamics investment.
Other Posts You May Enjoy