Think of the term dashboard, what image does it conjure up in your head? Most likely you picture the gauges and dials that sit behind the steering wheel in your car. Dashboards in ERP are not that different from your car dashboard. They should be the first place you look to find the most important numbers you need to understand how well your business is running. Now, with that in mind, let’s look closer at Acumatica analytics dashboards and how to set them up.
Acumatica analytics dashboards, what can you do with them?
ERP dashboards, like the ones available in Acumatica, are an easy way to access the data that is most essential to your role. They help you keep a close watch on things and act quickly. Acumatica analytics dashboards allow you to customize the data they show for a department, role or individual. Such flexibility is critical in ERP dashboards. Think about it. For instance, isn’t the information needed by your executive leadership team vastly different from that needed by your shipping and receiving department? Acumatica makes this customization easy. With no development expertise, or help from IT, you can add items to your dashboard, remove them, resize them, reorganize them and more.
For a quick look at how this works, watch this video.
What kind of information can I display on my Acumatica analytics dashboard?
Acumatica analytics dashboards allow you take information from your ERP system and visualize it in many ways. They offer all the common chart types you would expect to see, including:
- Line chart
- Bar chart
- Stacked bar chart
- Column chart
- Stacked column chart
- Doughnut chart
- Funnel chart
- Scorecard/trend card
Plus, a few, less common dashboard options:
- Power BI tile – Embed information from your Power BI report directly into Acumatica.
- Embedded page widget – Feed information from an external webpage, like Google analytics into your Acumatica dashboard.
- Wiki page widget – Like the embedded page widget, this one allows you to show information from your company wiki on your Acumatica dashboard, minimizing the time you must spend switching between applications.
To dive deeper into how to use each and what they can do, visit this webpage.
How do I get started setting up my Acumatica analytics dashboard?
The instructions I give below apply are for Acumatica version 2019 R2. Much of it will still apply to other versions of Acumatica, but if you’re looking for instructions specific to your software, visit this webpage.
- Make sure your Acumatica administrator has given you the right to edit your dashboard.
- Decide what type and how many widgets you want to include in your dashboard. It’s a good idea to keep this number to 10 or less. That way, the dashboard does not become overcrowded and difficult to read.
- Open the dashboard you want to work on. Not sure how to do that? Check out this Acumatica help article.
- Click the “Create User Copy” button at the top of the dashboard page to create your own personal copy will work on. Please note: if you do not see this button at the top of the dashboard page, you do not have the access rights to edit your dashboard and will need to request them from your system administrator before going any further.
- Click the “Design” button at the top of your dashboard page. This switches you into design mode. You can now remove widgets, resize them, move them around and add new ones.
- To remove a widget – Click the trashcan icon on the widget toolbar.
- To resize a widget – Select, a widget. Drag its corners or borders to adjust its size.
- To move a widget – Click on the widget’s title and drag it to the desired location.
- To add a widget – Find a placeholder in the widget area. Click “Add A New Widget.” This will open a new dialog box. From here, you can select the widget you would like to add.
For detailed instructions on populating your new widget with data and configuring it, choose the widget type you’d like to work with from the list below.
- Stacked Column
- Stacked Bar
- Data Table
- Pivot Table
- Embedded Page
- Power BI Tile
- Trend Card
- Wiki Page
Once you know the basics, building the Acumatica analytics dashboard of your dreams is pretty simple. At last, getting the data you need to do your job well does not have to be a hassle. Should you need more assistance, the Acumatica help files are a great place to start. Chances are you’ll find the answer to all your Acumatica how to questions there, not just those about the analytics dashboards.
Looking for more great Acumatica tips and tricks like this one? Check out our blog archives.