Current Client FAQs
Current Client FAQs: You've got questions, we've got Answers
Here you will find answers to some of the questions we hear most often from our current customers. If you have questions about the business management solution you currently own, this is a great place to start.
Microsoft Dynamics FAQs
Enhancement Plans are a service provided by Microsoft to help ensure that you are making the most of your Dynamics software solution. With your Business Ready Enhancement Plan, you have access to CustomerSource, a Microsoft website that contains all kinds of useful information around the Dynamics family of business management systems.
Once you've owned your Dynamics software solution for a year, it's time to renew your Enhancement Plan. At this point, you have the option of continuing with your current plan or upgrading the to Business Ready Advantage Plan or the Business Ready Advantage Plus Plan Learn more about each plan and what it includes.
Your Enhancement Plan entitles you to:
- Access to the latest releases, new features, and updates, including service packs and hot fixes.
- 10 year software support lifecycle (five years mainstream and five years extended support)
- Tax updates, regulatory releases and future license purchases.
- Protective list price– the price of your renewal is based on your original purchase price, ensuring that you always have predictability when it comes to your Enhancement Plan fees.
- Transition investment credit – This gives you the flexibility to move from one Dynamics solution to another.
- Access to CustomerSource – A portal designed specifically for Dynamics customers, CustomerSource is a one-stop shop for all your Enhancement Plan benefits, as well as other educational and money-saving information.
- Online training – This includes downloadable materials and learning plans.
- Self-help and support tools – These include an expansive knowledgebase, up-to-date product information and news.
- Access to the Dynamics community – This is an online forum where you can connect with peers to exchange ideas, ask questions and discuss solutions.
Once you've owned your Microsoft Dynamics solution for a year, you have the option to choose between three different Enhancement Plan levels, The Business Ready Enhancement Plan, The Business Ready Advantage Plan and The Business Ready Advantage Plus Plan. For breakdown of what each one includes, take a look at this comparison chart.
For a detailed look at each of the Enhancement Plans, download the appropriate fact sheet below.
The cost of your Microsoft Dynamics Enhancement Plan will vary between 16 and 25% of your licensing cost, depending on which option you choose.
No, the Business Ready Enhancement Plan for Microsoft Dynamics business management solutions does not include support incidents from Microsoft. However, you may purchase the Business Ready Advantage Plan, which for CRM and GP includes six (6) support incidents from Microsoft. Or, the Business Ready Advantage Plus Plan which for CRM and GP includes an unlimited number of support incidents, as well as 24/7 support for critical cases.
No, your annual Enhancement Plan renewal does not include any consulting or support given by the staff at Intelligent Technologies. Payment for the Microsoft renewal is simply coordinated by us.
There are many financial and nonfinancial disadvantages to letting your Enhancement Plan lapse. These include:
- Loss of your protected system list price
- Penalty fees – if you let your Enhancement Plan lapse, when you try to renew you will owe current renewal pricing plus an additional 3% penalty for each day that has passed since your Enhancement Plan expired. Additionally, you will be required to pay for the next year's Enhancement Plan upfront.
- Inability to purchase additional users or modules
Additional disadvantages to not renewing your Enhancement Plan include:
- Losing access to product upgrades, service packs and hot fixes
- Losing Microsoft support
- Forfeiting access to CustomerSource’s online training, support tools and knowledge base
Each year, when it is time for you to renew your Enhancement Plan, we will send you a letter alerting you to this fact and asking if you would like for us to handle your renewal.
Should you have questions about whether or not you're current, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may call (336) 315-3935 or send us an e-mail.
Take a look at our CustomerSource login instructions. They will walk you step-by-step through the process of setting up your account and logging in.
Have a question that wasn't answered above? No problem, our experts are here to help! Call (336)315-3935 or fill out the form on the right side of the screen to send us an email.