Dynamics 365 Business and Enterprise Edition Comparison
Dynamics 365 Business Vs. Enterprise Edition Overview
Have you read our descriptions of the Dynamics 365 business edition and the Dynamics 365 enterprise edition and are still unsure which one best meets your needs? Don’t worry. It’s a question we hear all the time. Keep reading to learn more about how the Dynamics 365 editions compare to one another.
A Quick Comparison of Dynamics 365 Business and Enterprise Editions
|Dynamics 365 Business Edition||Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition|
|Targets the SMB market (organizations with less than 250 employees).||Targets the enterprise market (organizations with over 250 employees).|
|Lower price point||Higher price point|
|Simpler system with a smaller, more focused feature set.||Comprehensive business management software package.|
|Has tools to help you manage your finances, sales, marketing and service.||Has tools to help you manage your finances, sales, marketing and service PLUS project automation and field services.|
Important Note: Regardless of your business’s size, if you need project or field services now or think you will, you should choose the enterprise edition. At this time, thereis no transition plan that allows you to switch easily from one edition to another.
Obviously, the business sizes mentioned in the table above are just a guide. There could be instances where a smaller business, would be a better fit for the enterprise edition. This is especially true if that business is in the retail industry. And wants to manage omni-channel, customer relationships. And, the reverse could also be true. A larger business that only needs basic financials and CRM may just be way down by all the bells and whistles in the enterprise edition.
Other Things to Consider When Choosing Between Dynamics 365 Business and Enterprise Editions.
- Accessibility—A web browser is the main way to access the business edition. But, if you’re using the enterprise edition, you can access it via a desktop client, remote desktop connection or Outlook client.
- User interface—The business edition user interface is simple. The upside of this is that the system is easier than a lot of other similar software packages to learn and use. On the other hand, you may not always have some of choices you would expect, if you’ve used other ERP packages in the past.
- Customizations—Dynamics 365 business edition limits on the number of add on apps and custom entities you can use. The enterprise edition does not.
- Database size—Dynamics 365 for sales, business edition limits how many accounts, you can create in the system. The allowed number should be more than adequate for most businesses. But, if you have a huge number of accounts in your current database, this may be something to take into consideration.
- We know choosing the right Microsoft Dynamics 365 plan for your business can be confusing. So, if you need more help to decide which version is right for you, please contact us via any of the methods listed below. Our experts will discuss your specific needs with you and recommend a cost-effective solution that can grow with your business.
Questions? Lets talk.
25 years, hundreds of satisfied customers. Get a business management system that fits your needs now and is ready to grow with you in the future. Take the first step. Tell us a little bit about your organization.
Address: 12 Oak Branch Drive Suite C, Greensboro, NC 27407