What’s New in Dynamics GP 2018
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 is the latest release of one of the most popular Microsoft accounting software systems. Enjoy a host of powerful new features, many of which came from ideas shared by users like you.
Here are some of the most important new additions.
- Document attach updates – This popular feature was introduced with Dynamics GP 2013. Since then, the GP development team has steadily added new features.
A key feature in the latest version is password protection. Now, only the people you choose can access your documents. Also, document attach is now available in more windows. These include Employee Inquiry, Asset Inquiry, Journal Entry Inquiry and others.
- A single systems manager login—With Dynamics GP 2018, you need only enter your login information once to access multiple windows during your session.
- Expanded workflows—GP 2018 brings with it some new workflows and across the board usability improvements.
You can now:
- Create workflows more quickly by copying steps from existing ones.
- Schedule reminder emails from the workflow window to notify users if an assigned task is overdue.
- Get insight into how each of your workflows is used with workflow history reports.
Brand-new workflows help you manage.
- Purchase transactions.
- general ledger accounts.
- Purchasing invoices.
- User interface improvements—These make it easier and more enjoyable to get things done in Dynamics GP.
- Better sorting—Find information fast. For example, in the payables transaction inquiry window, you can now sort by document date, original amount, unapplied amount, and document number.
- Web client updates —These include a variety of helpful new features like a direct link to SmartLists, and the ability to recognize partial entries.
- SmartList password protection—Keep your list of SmartList favorites safe from accidental editing.
Copy user access across AA dimensions—Analytical Accounting users rejoice. It is easier than ever to set up new users. Now, you can copy access settings from one user to another.
Whether you are new to Dynamics GP or a long-time user on an older version, there is something for everyone to appreciate in GP 2018.
If you are using GP 2013, now is the perfect time to upgrade. That’s because as of April 2018, GP 2013 is in extended support. This means no more updates or year-end tax tables.
Have questions about Dynamics GP 2018 or upgrading? We can help! Give us a call at (336) 315-3935 or use the form on the right hand side of the screen to email us.
Want more information?
What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018
Dynamics GP Feature Comparison
Should I upgrade now of wait until the next release? This is another common question we get from clients toying with the idea of upgrading their Dynamics GP software. The answer depends on variety of factors. One of the most important of these is whether you could benefit from new features that have been added since your last upgrade. But, figuring that out was not always easy. So, we created this chart that lists all the important features that have been added in the last 7 releases, organized by business function.
Basic Steps in a Dynamics GP Upgrade
What can we expect during our Dynamics GP upgrade? It’s a question we get a lot when clients first start thinking about upgrading their Dynamics GP software. This diagram lays out the basic steps our consultants will take you through during your Dynamics GP upgrade project. As with any project, knowing what comes next will help you be better prepared and put your mind at ease.