Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2
What’s New In Dynamics GP 2016 R2?
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2 is an exciting release of this popular business software package. It brings with it a host of powerful new features, many of which were requested by users just like you.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the most important new features to be added to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2.
- Indicate the name of the person editing a batch in the error message – In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2, when you try to edit a batch that another user has open, you will see that person’s user ID in the error message. That way, you know who to ask for permission to access the batch.
- Power BI reports on web client home page – Now, critical business intelligence information is at your fingertips as soon as you log into Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2. *Azure Management Portal or Power BI app registration required.
- Cancel a purchase order when linked to a requisition – In GP 2016 R2 you have the option to cancel a purchase order line quantity when it’s linked to an existing purchase requisition. After entering the quantity you want to cancel, you will be asked if you indeed want to continue. If you confirm, you will be able to complete the transaction. This feature is accessible in the Edit Purchase Order and Purchase Order Entry windows
- Track termination and rehire dates – Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2 offers a new employment history option that will track more information about when your employees were hired and when their employment was terminated. For this purpose, several new fields have been added such as adjusted hire date, date inactivated, last day worked, and termination date. Any time the values in these fields are changed the employee’s record will be updated.
- PA timesheet status report – The latest release of Microsoft Dynamics GP offers a new report for Project timesheet entry approvers that allows them to quickly print the status of all timesheets. You can also easily sort the information by approver name or status. This report is designed to give timesheet approvers quick insight into all existing timesheets including any that should’ve been entered, but are missing.
- SmartList favorite protection— In order to edit a SmartList favorite Dynamics GP 2016 R2 requires that you enter your password. That way, you don’t have to worry about other users accidentally editing the SmartList favorites that you have saved.
Ready to upgrade? Great! Get started by checking out our list of Dynamics GP upgrade resources.
Questions about upgrading? Call (336)315-3935 or fill out the information request form on the right side of the screen to send us an email.